Thursday, February 28, 2008

WHAT'S A COOTIE CATCHER?

Do you remember making "cootie catchers" when you were in school? I can't remember ever calling these things cootie catchers--seems to me they were fortune tellers or something like that. Anyway, each little pocket had something written on it that was the answer to your question or a prediction for the future. Truth be told, I don't think I was ever able to fold one of these things. Back then, notes from friends were even cleverly made! I had friends who would pass funky-folded notes to me, and I always enjoyed getting those little parcels, but dang if I could ever fold them! Just like those little yarn tricks! Remember how girls would take a piece of yarn and just go to town winding it around fingers, in and out, up and down, taking it from this finger and moving it to that finger, making all kinds of nifty creations? I could never do those either! BUT . . . these little centerpieces are being called Cootie Catchers, and I was finally able to make one! I wasn't sure if I should add a skewer decoration for height, and I kind of think I shouldn't have added one. The skewer wants to fall over, and that disappoints me. When it's upright, though, it looks pretty cool, huh? SU products used in the making of this project include Berry Bliss DSP, 5-Petal Flower punch, Boho Blossoms punch, Trio Flower punch, On Board Blossoms & Basics (chipboard flowers), various ribbons, Mini Glue Dots, and Whisper White, Pretty in Pink, and Purely Pomegranate card stock.

No comments: