Sunday, April 13, 2008

WESTERN CREATIONS

Before I get back to the taxes (can you tell I'm procrastinating), I decided to share these cards. The first one, a "flap fold," is one that I made for a good friend of mine. I had already tied the knot in the ribbon and didn't want to undo it, so there won't be a picture of the inside. The best looking part of the card is what I took a picture of, so you're not missing much. SU products used to create this card include Blue Bayou, River Rock, Vellum, and Whisper White card stock, River Rock Double-Stitched ribbon, Scallop Punch, 1-1/4" Circle Punch, Boho Blossoms Punch, white gel pen, Rhinestone Brad, "All Holidays" and "Boho Backgrounds" stamp sets, and Western Sky designer paper. The second card is one that I made for a "Monday Mailer" swap. There are two themes for the MM swap this month - masculine and/or Summer. This card has some fun elements to it . . . the two "build-a-brads" created with the "Starstruck" stamp set, fun use of Western designer paper, and the layered stars. The largest star has been punched with a piercing tool, and I punched a small circle "washer" for the antique brad. Since this is a Father's Day card design, it needed some extra "hardware." ;-) Although I didn't have a specific plan when I started designing these cards, I think it's interesting how well the Western designer paper fit the masculine and feminine design of these two cards.

No comments: