Wednesday, January 17, 2018

A TREASURE + MY WOOLY HEARTS TAG

Has it really been almost a month since I last posted?  I don't think I have ever gone that long without posting something since I started this blog, and I hope I won't let that happen again.  I offer no big excuse . . . I've just been focusing some energy on purging in my craft room and moving some things around.  I still have TONS of stuff that needs to find a new home, so if you're looking for, wanting, or can use anything in particular, let me know because I'd sure love to make a deal with you.

I have a real treasure to show you today.  This past Sunday, my mother, sister, and I visited cousin Mildred (my second cousin, actually), and she asked if I'd like to have this photo:


Say what?!?!  I'm sure she noticed my excitement because I love (and I mean l-o-v-e) old photos whether or not I know the people in them.  I found this picture even more endearing when I learned that my eyes were "meeting" my great-great-grandparents for the first time.  Let me say that another way . . . I now know what my grandmother's (favorite) grandparents looked like!  The fact that this jewel was already framed and in great condition is a bonus!

Of course, I will be making a special thank you card for Mildred, but I decided to also whip up this 5" x 6"  wooly hearts tag (my own design) that she can hang in her sewing/quilting room.


During our visit, we thoroughly enjoyed seeing many of Mildred's quilts--not just the ones that she has made, but some that are antique treasures made by her mother, mother-in-law, and other special loved ones.  

I hope to have a stamped project to share soon--it might just be my thank you card to Mildred.  :-)

2 comments:

Jane said...

love the picture and the tag

Stasher said...

Both of the items are treasures!