Saturday, January 5, 2019

"FALLING FLOWERS" . . . WATERCOLOR PENCILS ON CRUMB CAKE

Happy New Year!  

I can't believe so many days have passed since my last post!  Christmas is always a busy time for everyone but, for some reason, it took me longer than usual to get back in the groove.  I have been stamping, but I can't share my latest projects just yet.  I also have some class swaps to photograph and post, and I hope to get started on that in the next few days.  

The card I'm sharing today is one that features a really fun coloring technique!  I stamped the images from Stampin' Up!'s Falling Flowers stamp set onto Crumb Cake cardstock and then colored the images with the Watercolor Pencils.  How vividly the colors show up never ceases to wow me!  Since this card was made a month or so ago, I can't remember exactly which colors I used, but I definitely used more than one color on the images and then added some highlights with the white pencil.  I love the depth of color that can be achieved with the pencils!  Finishing touches included the addition of some white dots and lined definition with a white gel pen and, of course, distressing the edges of the Crumb Cake layer.


The leaves are my favorite part of this card!

If I can help you with any Stampin' Up! products, please let me know!  Brand new products from the Occasions catalog are now available, and don't forget that Sale-a-Bration is underway!

Shop the awesome new products HERE!!!

See the fun Sale-a-Bration product selections HERE!!!

Ready to join my team and receive the Craft and Carry Tote FREE???  Click HERE!!!





1 comment:

Stasher said...

I love this card! I need to practice penciling since im not very skilled at coloring with shadows and highlights for depth. I really like the richness of the cokos!