Wednesday, March 6, 2019

A SHINY RED TRUCK-SHAPED CARD

I can still remember the first Chevy Silverado truck my daddy owned--and how much he loved that truck!  Since that time, there have been several shiny Silverados--mostly red--in his garage.  Several years ago, he bought his first Colorado (when they used to be much smaller) as a "daily driver" because doesn't everyone know that to keep a shiny Silverado shiny, it must stay in a garage? Uh huh.  At that time, his red Silverado didn't see a lot of sunshine--and never saw a cloudy sky if he could help it--but the little Colorado got lots of drive time.  

Fast-forward to recently . . . after a short while of driving a non-Chevy pick-up truck, daddy came to terms with the fact that he is--absolutely, undeniably, unequivocally--a Chevy truck man!  Always has been, always will be.  I kept telling him that he should go ahead and get another Chevy since he clearly wanted one, and . . . he finally did!  He was so happy to bring home a brand new, red and shiny Colorado last month.  It got running boards, tail pipe covers, and some other bling, and he was pleased.


To congratulate him, I had originally designed a cute truck-shaped card using Cricut Design Space but, before I could get it cut and mailed, this happened:


Anyone who has had a brand new vehicle knows how terrible you would feel if this happened.  I know some people would say that it's just a little scratch and only a tiny piece of the light is broken but, to my daddy, this is T-E-R-R-I-B-L-E.  You will be hard pressed on any given day to find a blemish on any of his vehicles, so imagine how the sight of this made our family members gasp!  When I was a teenage driver, it amazed me the kind of details that daddy would get from just looking at one his parked vehicles.  He missed NOTHING!  I can remember gently scraping paint off of the chrome bumper one time after I had bumped into a white-painted wooden post.  There wasn't a lot of paint on the bumper, but it didn't have to be a lot for daddy to notice and I didn't want that to happen.

So . . . considering the turn of events with his new truck, I had to make a couple of alterations to the original card that I had designed, and this is the finished card ready to mail--complete with a paint brush and flashlight accessory:



It's hard to tell from the photos, but I used Silver Foil paper for the chrome accents on the truck (door handles, wheels, etc.).  I think daddy will enjoy getting this piece of mail, and I definitely enjoyed making it!

No comments: