Tuesday, October 22, 2019

"WE RISE BY LIFTING OTHERS"

That's one of my most favorite quotes and, when I saw this new Chalk Couture transfer, I knew that I had to have it.


I thought it would be the perfect decoration (on the small Chalk Couture Pennant Banner) for my cubicle at work.  Unfortunately, I didn't get a good adhesion of the transfer on the banner, and some of the ink seeped where I didn't want it.  That meant I would have to go to plan B.  I didn't exactly have a plan B, but I managed to whip up a new banner with a scrap of fabric.  I'm actually quite proud of my homemade banner, considering that I've only been sewing for a month.  


The second time around, I decided to use Chalk Paste instead of ink.  My colors were Tide and Sage, and don't they look great swirled and mixed?  To accomplish the mix, I spread Tide on the bottom half of the transfer, Sage was spread at the top, and then I used my finger to blend where the colors met and moved the paste around.

I know that my sewing is FAR from perfect (hence the green glitter strip across the top), but this turned out to be a great decoration!

Want to see another "We Rise" project?  The one below is on a Board & Pillar Stand:


The nice thing about the Board & Pillar Stand is that the framed chalkboard can be oriented in a vertical or horizontal position, AND the chalkboard itself can be washed and re-used.



No comments: