Friday, October 5, 2007

IT'S A POINSETTIA THIS TIME!

It's another tag punch creation, although this one didn't get to be a snowflake. When I started on this one, my plan was to make two of them, emboss them with Iridescent Ice, and use them as a snowflake just as I did on the previous card. All was going well until I started pouncing the VersaMark ink on the first one. I had dropped the ink pad, which landed upside down, so I just lifted the bottom and started pouncing it on the first flake. OMG!!!! It was a metallic gold ink pad!!!! Yikes! I tried to wipe the gold ink off the snowflake, but it was still somewhat discolored. I wasn't sure what to do with the other half of the snowflake until I remembered that one of the Wintergreen designer papers had a poinsettia design! And this half of my snowflake, all glittery and ready to go, was a perfect fit! Unfortunately, my picture neither portrays the sparkle on this card or the true colors of the paper. BTW, "Merry Christmas" is silver embossed. I was hesitant to use the silver embossing powder on that light green paper, but it actually turned out well. The rhinestone brads, in my opinion, turned out to be a perfect finishing touch on this card! I would like to have added some ribbon, but I couldn't decide where to put it.

No comments: