Saturday, December 8, 2018

BRUSHO "THANK YOU" CARDS



Does it sometimes (or often) seem that you get excited about a product, purchase it, and then hide it in a drawer, basket, cabinet, etc.?  The last time I re-arranged my desk drawers, my box of Brusho Crystal Colour got pushed to the back where I couldn't see it.  That's not good!  When I needed to make some thank you cards recently, I was quite excited to spy those magical crystals and put them to use!  Oh so fun and oh so easy!





The same colors of crystals were used on these cards, and I love that none of them are identical.  I just sprinkled the crystals on the watercolor paper and then spritzed with water.  

After the paper dried, my Stamparatus® was quite handy for stamping the dragonfly image on the watercolor paper since I needed to re-ink and stamp the dragonfly at least three times to get a nice crisp image.  Because watercolor paper is often thick with a roughish texture, it's a good idea to plan to stamp your image(s) more than once.

On two of the cards, the sentiment has been stamped onto Vellum cardstock using Pacific Point water-based dye ink and Whisper White pigment ink. The stamped sentiments were cut with the Pretty Label punch.

Other Stampin' Up! products used to create these cards include:
Tin Type embossing folder
Dragonfly Dreams stamp set
Beautiful Bouquet stamp set
Whisper White Solid Baker's Twine
Silver & Pool Party Baker's Twine
Thick Whisper White Cardstock
Basic Black Cardstock

If I can help you find any of these products in my online store, let me know.  

1 comment:

Stasher said...

I love these cards! Brusho is a product I've put off purchasing because, similar to the mask/paste peoducts I need to make time to play and experiment with. I really love the effects