Wednesday, December 5, 2018

CATCHING FLURRIES

Since I shared my non-Stampin' Up! Christmas centerpiece in the previous post, I thought I'd share this little dilly that I whipped up on Sunday.  Notice his sparkly Swarovski crystals?  They look so nice in real life, and I wonder why I often forget to bring them out and use them.  I thought this was going to be a non-Stampin' Up! post, but I just remembered that the pretty snowflakes were cut with my Big Shot and three of the Snowfall Thinlits dies.  YES!  Thinlits dies can cut felt like butter.  I cry for you if you didn't purchase the Snowfall Thinlits while they were available last month because there are at least 10 different gorgeous snowflakes in that set, some leafy elements, a delicate flurry flourish, etc.  Anyway . . . check out this guy:


Most of the time when I visit my parents on Sunday, daddy watches the race while my mother and I help my sister with whatever she needs for her classroom.  It seems that our needle and thread projects get put on hold while school is in session, so you might imagine my surprise when my sister told me on Saturday to bring my wool and thread this past weekend.  Hmmm . . . I didn't have anything in particular ready to work on, so I just took some felt (not even wool) and all of my thread.  I really love my wool, but it was just easier to take lots of colors of felt in one small container without having to stir through all of my wool.  I even found a glittery white felt for the flurries and the snowy ground.  And so, by the end of the day, this snappy little flurry catcher was born.  He is actually Tammy Tutterow's Snow Many Buttons design but, since I didn't follow her pattern exactly or use any buttons, I personally refer to this piece as Catching Flurries.

Yes, I know that my snowman is missing a mouth, and my plan was to not give him one because I'm not that skilled at making same-size French knots.  I might re-consider, though.  Probably not.  

What shall I do with him?  I still need to trim the felt, but this piece will end up being approximately 6" x 7".  Shall I turn it into a large ornament to hang on the tree?  A small wall-hanging?  Attach it to a small decorative sled (if I can find one)?  Suggestions welcome!


1 comment:

Stasher said...

Really cure little guy!