Tuesday, September 27, 2022

A FISHING DEER BIRTHDAY CARD


My niece's husband had a birthday this month.  I was at a loss as to what kind of card to make . . . just couldn't decide which stamp set to use.  Actually, the thinking process was wearing me down, making me want to just leave my stamp room.  I kept looking at my Cricut Explore machine, thinking about how much I enjoy making shaped cards with it, and that's how this card was born.  Yes, I know it looks a bit juvenile for a grown man, but it's also cute (right???) and totally captures two of Matt's hobbies . . . fishing and (deer) hunting.


This was the first time I've used a hexagon card base, but it won't be the last.  I really like it!  Designing shaped cards with Cricut Design Space is so easy and enjoyable!  Deciding which images to use actually takes longer than the design process.  

I know this post is short and sweet.  My next one will probably be a long one--loaded with photos of the scarecrow box cards that I recently made.  Stay tuned!

1 comment: