Sunday, February 18, 2024

"SO REFRESHING" ON A MAGIC CARPET


When I first looked through Stampin' Up!'s main catalog (when it was brand new), I had pen and paper and was ready to make a wish list.  The "So Refreshing" stamp set gained a lot of interest but, over time, it kept getting bumped off of my orders to make room for something else.  I finally purchased the bundle and was so excited to work with it!


I'm the first to admit that I have no artistic ability, and I didn't realize as I was working on this card that the cloud designer paper (from the "Sunny Days" Sale-a-Bration collection) was only going to make the cute picnic blanket look more like the refreshing lemonade was on a fun magic carpet ride.  How did I miss that???  🤣  


As you can see from the above photo, about 1" was cut off of the right side of the card front, which left that much of the inside of the card visible.  Perfect place for a strip of that pretty red floral paper, huh?  One of the Perennial Postage dies was used to cut the sentiment, which was layered onto a square of Lemon Lolly cardstock and placed to hang off the right edge of the card front.


As usual, it isn't too easy to see that Wink of Stella was brushed on the die-cut lemons and ice cubes, but they are glimmery.  And those teensy die-cut strawberries with detail . . . aren't they adorable?  "So Refreshing" is definitely another of those bundles that is fun to use and will probably get even more use once we get into the summer months.

That's it for today.  Thanks for stopping by!