Wednesday, February 28, 2024

ANOTHER SQUARE COLUMN CARD AND MORE "SIMPLY ZINNIA".

 


Can you see too many zinnias?  Or too many Square Column cards?  I think the answer is no, and I hope you agree because I have more of both to share today.  I used the flower dies in the "Simply Zinnia" bundle on today's card, along with that gorgeous designer paper and some of the Adhesive-Backed Shiny Sequins.


This card was made for my great-niece, and I think she's going to love it.  When she was a little girl, she enjoyed stamping--and had her own box of stamping supplies at my house but, sadly, she rarely had the opportunity to visit and enjoy those supplies.  It's hard to believe that she's going to be 22 y/o on March 6th.


The above photo shows the left side of the "column".


It's not necessary to decorate the inside of the column, but I think it's a nice finishing touch.


Aren't the colors in the designer paper simply stunning?


You might can tell from one of the pictures that the flower centers were brushed with Wink of Stella.  Speaking of the centers . . . I couldn't decide if the Lemon Lolly die-cut should go on top of the die-cut Crushed Curry or vice versa, so I just layered those cuts the way that I thought looked best.  I almost forgot to mention that the white layer behind the fussy-cut designer paper was embossed with the Exposed Brick 3D embossing folder.  Even though this layer would be mostly covered, I think the embossing added a nice amount of texture.  After I had assembled the die-cut zinnias, I used Stampin' Brushes on the tips to darken them just a tad.

Thanks for stopping by today!  And just so you know . . . I've already decided to make it my mission to do something other than a Square Column card for my next blog post.  :-)

Have a stampin' good day!

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

Love it. Gorgeous as usual.