Tuesday, March 5, 2024

SUCH A NICE MASCULINE CARD

 


Don't faint, but the card I'm sharing today is not another Square Column creation.  I know, I know . . . it's shocking and hard to believe.  

I needed a masculine card.  One of the members at the club where I work makes beautiful pottery pieces, and he recently gave this creation to me:


I don't often use the word "lovely" in my everyday speak, but isn't it just that . . . l-o-v-e-l-y?  I cropped the photo to spare your eyes the condition of the plant that's in the pot because I'm not doing a great job with it.  But the pot and dish are such a treasure, and I love the texture on the pot.  

When trying to decide what kind of card to make, I thought that it should be somewhat earthy.  In some ways, that just added to the stress of making a masculine card . . . until . . . it just kinda fell into place.


It has wood, grass, metal, a rope-like frame, and texture.


Obviously, you can't see how the card looked in the beginning, so I'll just tell you the things that made it pop.  Adding the embossed white layer to a piece of Boho Blue cardstock proved to be a great separator between it and the wooden designer paper.  It still needed something, and the die-cut grass added so much to the appearance and made that layer feel grounded.  Lastly, the little tab at the top with the leafy metal trinket really took the design up a notch and was a perfect finishing touch.  


Thanks for stopping by!  Have a stampin' good day!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful pottery and gorgeous card! I love all the dimensions on the card!

Nancy Dawson said...

Gorgeous as usual. Love the arrangement and embellishments