Saturday, April 13, 2024

"LAZY DAYS"


As I was going through the Stampin' Up! catalog weeks ago and looking at the list of retiring products, I came to the "Lazy Days" bundle and thought it looked quite nice.  I turned the page, but then I turned back for another glance.  This time I really studied the stamps and dies.  How had I missed this incredible bundle of goodness?  Even after I continued going through the catalog--page by page--and marking all of the retiring products, I kept thinking about "Lazy Days".  Of course, I had to have it.  This lovely bundle has been in my possession for about two weeks, and I finally had a chance to work with it.  Not feeling very creative, I started looking on Pinterest where I found tons of inspiration!  I can't claim any credit for this card's design, and I'd love to give credit to the designer but I have no idea who made it.  I didn't see where the design needed any improvement, and the only two things that I added were the bird on the banister and the pillow in the chair.  I actually die-cut a couple of pillows, but none of them seemed "right".  I finally decided to use a marker to draw a plaid/crosshatch design on the cardstock prior to cutting, and I finally had a tiny pillow that I loved.  The glasses of lemonade were given a brush of Wink of Stella, which you can see better in the photo below:


Want a better look at the pillow?


In the photo below, you can see the texture created with the die-cut elements and an embossing folder.  The hanging plant and table were adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals, which added an extra bit of dimension.


And why not finish this post with another photo of the card?  


As I mentioned, the "Lazy Days" bundle is on the list of retiring products and, unfortunately, some of the retiring products sell out quickly.  I wish I'd paid attention to this one sooner, but I'm glad I have it and know that it is definitely a keeper.

I hope you have a stampin' good day!