Monday, March 28, 2022

STRAWBERRY POP-UP CARD

 

I tried to resist the urge to purchase the set of dies that so easily makes this card. I tried really hard.  I even slept on the urge, thinking that surely I could talk myself out of it by morning.  I told it to get out of my head . . . to just skidaddle!

Sooooooo . . . the card that I'm sharing today, which features Stampin' Up!'s "Strawberry Builder" punch and "Sweet Strawberry" stamp set (both of which are in the process of retiring), also features my brand new Platform Pop-Up die from Lawn Fawn that I couldn't resist.


This was such a fun card to make, and it's impressive how easily it comes together and how it folds flat for mailing . . . and how smartly it pops right up to show off whatever pretty details you add to it.  See below how it folds flat for mailing:


The photo below shows how spacious the card is when it's on display:


And below is another sideview:

So far, I don't regret my purchase; however, the one downside (which is kinda big) is that most people that I send cards to will certainly not know (and possibly won't figure out) how the card works.  That kinda means that this might not have been a wise investment.  I took this card to my parents' house last Thursday and asked my mother if she thought aunt Betty would figure out what to do with it, and she agreed with me that the answer was NO!  I knew it--in my gut, I just knew it.  The only thing left to do was sign the back of the card and ask my mother to deliver it to Betty and show her how it works.  She was so sweet to deliver this card to Betty, but she didn't agree to hand-deliver more of these cards.  LOL  That means I probably won't get as much use from my new dies as I would like, but maybe I'll remember to think about this the next time I think there's a new die that I must have.  


My purchase doesn't have to be a real loss.  I may not be able to send cards like this very freely, but I can probably create seasonal/holiday displays that I can enjoy around my house.

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Really cute but yes, knowing how to make the card come to life could me a challenge! How does Hallmark tell recipients how to display 3D cards?

Nancy Dawson said...

You're almost making me want to start back with Stampin' Up... love all your cards. You are so talented