Monday, March 21, 2022

Z FOLD FEATURING "NEW HORIZONS" DESIGNER PAPER

 

Today I have a pretty card to share that features Stampin' Up!'s "New Horizons" designer paper, and the design that I used on this card happens to be my most favorite in the collection.  It really needed very little embellishment, but aren't the little pebbles adorable?

This particular card is a z-fold that was totally inspired by pattystamps.com.  She has an easy-to-follow video, so check it out. I love how she has used assorted designer paper on her z-fold cards, and I couldn't resist the urge to make a couple of cards myself.  I just made a couple of minor changes to my card . . . (1) Patty had the sentiment panel placed at the far right, which means that it is in view whether the card is open or closed.  I didn't want the sentiment in view, and I love how my little change allows the initial scenery of the card to continue uninterrupted by a boring signature panel.  (2) My other change to Patty's design was to place the greeting (layered circles) on Stampin' Dimensionals, which hold the card closed and give the recipient the pleasure of "untucking" that z-fold to see what's inside.  

See the z-fold below:


In the photo below, you can (hopefully) see how placing the Stampin' Dimensionals on the right side of the punched circles leaves ample space to tuck the z-panel:


Didn't the designer paper do a fantastic job of beautifying this card?  I think the die-cut fence panels really add some visual dimension . . . the pebbles, of course, are dimesional.  The die-cut grass (from the "Horizons" dies) adds dimension, even though it's hardly noticeable.


My card features the following Stampin' Up! products:
Cardstock:  Mossy Meadow, White
Designer Paper:  New Horizons, In Good Taste 
Stamp Sets:  Tulip Fields (stamped clouds), Whimsical Words (retired)
Sizzix:  Horizon dies (fence panels)
Punches:  1-3/4" Circle, 2" Circle (both retired)
Accessories:  Brushed Brass Butterflies (these are adhesive-backed & gorgeous), Pebbles Enamel Shapes (also adhesive-backed), Stampin' Dimensionals


Do you need this designer paper?  YES, you do!

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Wow! That is an impressive card!