Monday, August 8, 2022

A NON-WINTRY/HOLIDAY CARD FEATURING "GINGERBREAD HOUSE" DIES

 

So it finally happened . . . I was able to make the die-cut gingerbread house not look at all like a wintry/holiday gingerbread house, and I love this card!  This is a birthday card that I made for a really sweet lady that I used to work with, and I hope that it will make her special day a happy one.


I die-cut the house three times--twice from watercolor paper and once from white cardstock--and then adhered the three cuts together.  The heart was cut from Evening Evergreen cardstock, as was the decorative fence, and the distressed layer is Soft Succulent cardstock.


One of the leafy images from Art Impression's "Greenery Invites" stamp set was used to create a wreath (of sorts) using Early Espresso ink on the Soft Succulent cardstock, and then I added a few Soft Succulent berry sprig images here and there on the wreath.  I couldn't resist adding a die-cut bird to the bottom left corner of the house--isn't he adorable?!?!  


Indeed, some of the "Gingerbread House" dies are going to be used year-round!  I love the size of the die-cut house because it seems to be just perfect for just about any project . . . cards, tags, banners, gift packages, etc.  And that fence . . . it's just so pretty!

Product Information


1 comment:

Debbie said...

Always a challenge with Christmasy stamp sets! This is a really striking card!