Monday, August 22, 2022

SWEET SUNFLOWERS . . . AUGUST PAPER PUMPKIN KIT

 


This month's Paper Pumpkin kit from Stampin' Up! is so pretty, and I love the cards!  The kit components were gorgeous and, while I could have used them in a multitude of alternate ways, I decided to just make the cards as they were intended.  On one of the designs, I used "Hang in there" on the outside of the card and "even when you don't understand" on the inside.  These sentiments are in the "Wisteria Wishes" stamp set.  From the recently retired "Here's a Card" stamp set, I used "May your heart find the peace it needs" on one of the other cards.


I thought the cards in the above picture would be handy when a sympathy card is needed.  Thinking that they needed just a little something, it turned out that a neatly tied twine bow behind the sentiment was the perfect addition.


Aren't those tiny bees adorable????  There were actually a lot of extra bees in the kit, and I will enjoy adding them to other cards.


Another lovely design from the kit is pictured above.  It, too, needed a little something, so I tied more twine bows for them.


The cards pictured above were my favorite!  The subtle watercolored background and the gorgeous assorted flowers are just . . . well . . . sweet!  All that I added to these cards were the sparkly rhinestones because why not?

And that vellum die-cut honeycomb . . . just the perfect touch!  The sunflower and the pretty bouquet in the bottom left corner were adhered with Stampin' Dimensionals, as was the die-cut sentiment label.

The back of each card was also really pretty, and it occurred to me to cut the cards apart and make extra cards.  I decided to not do that because I figured it would be an extra treat for the recipient of these cards to discover that there was more to the card than just a pretty front.  😊  But wait . . . check out the envelopes:

Whoever designed the August kit for Stampin' Up! really went the extra mile!  Can you believe how gorgeous the envelopes are?!?!?!

After the nine cards were made, I used a couple of the extra components to make an extra card.  The scalloped rectangles were cut using Stitched So Sweetly (retired) and Scalloped Contours dies.  My cardstock colors are White, Early Espresso, and Soft Succulent.

Are you a Paper Pumpkin subscriber?  If you haven't tried the monthly kits lately, you really should!  I think Stampin' Up! is doing an excellent job of bringing creative designs that are as much fun to make as they are to mail.  Get your subscription started!!!


1 comment:

Laura Lipe said...

Just lovely, all your cards. I haven’t start on my kit yet, but cannot wait to do so.