Thursday, December 22, 2022

EASY SNOWGLOBE CHRISTMAS CARD

 

I have been wanting to share photos of this year's Christmas cards, and I finally had a chance today to process the pics I've taken.  I didn't have as much variety this year--maybe five designs--but I was quite pleased with each of them.  That matters!  This first one that I'm sharing is an easy-to-create snowglobe, which I learned from Tina Wardell's video.  In a nutshell . . . 

(1) Die-cut a circle from a scrap of cardstock that is the same size as my Crumb Cake layer.  The die-cut aperture will be used as a stencil.

(2) Take a sponge, dauber, or blending brush to lightly color the circle opening from the die-cut stencil that you created.  Before removing the stencil, draw around the opening with a white gel pen.

(3) Stamp the image of your choice inside the "globe".  Use the white gel pen to add snowy accents and falling snow.

(4) Use a Soft Suede Stampin' Write Marker to draw an ornament topper (if desired), and draw over it with a gold marker.  This card would have looked better without an ornament topper, but adding the die-cut base beneath the snowglobe was something that I decided to do AFTER I had already drawn the ornament tops.  😕  And just so you know . . . Tina's snowglobe was made as a hanging ornament and not something with a base.  FYI . . . For my snowglobe base, I used dies from Stampin' Up!'s retired "Still Scenes" bundle.  Isn't that die-cut base gorgeous cut from gold foil?



As you can see from the above photo, I did different things with the winter scene that I stamped inside the snowglobe. 


I'll bet you're wanting to try making a snowglobe, huh?  Go for it!  It's so easy, and you probably have on hand everything that is needed to make one.