Monday, September 23, 2013

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY" & THE WINNER OF THE CRAFT PROJECT CENTRAL SUBSCRIPTION

In the Stampin' Up! world, the Envelope Punch Board is all the rage.  While this tool isn't brand new to the general paper craft market, its added value has been brought to light recently by some creative Stampin' Up! demonstrators who have shared some genius projects [created with the tool] that are even more exciting than the custom envelopes for which it was designed.  One such project is a tabbed card shaped like a file folder.  The card that I'm sharing today began as a regular A2 card--shaped like a file folder with one tab--and I used the Envelope Punch Board to create the tab.  I had planned to adhere the oval layers in the other direction to be oriented with the stamped sentiment but, at the last minute, I decided that my card would be a gift card holder.  I ended up cutting some length off the bottom of the card and gluing the two sides together to form a pocket.  The gift card would need some kind of tab/pull mechanism so the recipient would know that it was there, so I used the Word Window punch to create the tab and then decorated it with a punched heart (Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack) and a rhinestone jewel.  Other Stampin' Up! products used to complete this gift card holder include Pool Party, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, and Whisper White card stock, Wetlands stamp set, Tea Lace Doily, Ovals Collection Framelits, and Beautifully Baroque embossing folder.  The photo below shows the opening for the gift card holder and the decorative tab to pull it from the pocket.
WINNER!  WINNER!  WINNER!  With this blog post, I announced that I would draw the name of a lucky person who would receive a FREE subscription to the September tutorials at Craft Project Central.  I really appreciate those who took the time to leave a comment!  The winner of the free subscription is . . . (drum roll) . . . Jane McAulay, who wrote, "Regina, I just love these esp the color combinations and designs. Well done!!!"  Congratulations, Jane! 

No comments: