Monday, February 10, 2014

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

Oops!  I'm a little late posting today's MISM project, which features two new Stampin' Up! products . . . "You're Lovely" Sale-a-Bration stamp set and Fringe Scissors.  One thing that I really like about the floral image that I chose for my card is that it has a blank space on the right side, which is perfect for a small stamped sentiment!  To color the flowers, I used an Aqua Painter and Pearl Ex.  Unfortunately, Stampin' Up! retired Pearl Ex (pearlescent pigment powders) around the time that I began to discover fun ways to use them.  As you can see from the close-up photo, they have a very pretty and unique shimmer/shine to them!  In the center of the flowers, I used 2-Way Glue and a Q-tip to apply Dazzling Diamonds glitter.
On the bottom of my Very Vanilla (top-fold) card, I added texture with the Fancy Fan embossing folder.  A strip of Basic Black card stock was cut with the fringe scissors (along the bottom) and then adhered to the card, and the black gingham ribbon was wrapped around the card and tied in a bow.  I die-cut the stamped image with the Deco Labels Framelits, stamped "hello sweet friend" from the Six-Sided Sampler stamp set, and used a Q-tip to sponge the inside edges of the die-cut label with Crumb Cake ink before adhering it to the card with Stampin' Dimensionals.  There you have it . . . a relatively quick and easy card with plenty of texture, dimension, and visual appeal.

No comments: