Thursday, October 2, 2014

YEE-HAW + THE DUKE

You know how it is when you see something that appeals to you but you know you really don't "need" it . . . but you more than want it . . . as if there's something powerful forbidding you to just say no and walk away?  That happened to me with Stampin' Up!'s newest photopolymer stamp set, Yee-Haw.
YEE-HAW
I didn't need it since my son isn't a little cowboy anymore with tiny plastic cowboys hanging from my ficus tree and horses scattered and laying on the floor, weary from battle.  My nephew is in college and may have never been interested in the great yee-haw, and my great-nephews are more impressed with superheros than gun-slinging, cattle-wrestling, bandana-wearing cowboys.  I couldn't convince them that they're missing out on something special even if I tried.  So why did Yee-Haw tug at my purse strings?  Well, it's my daddy's fault.  He used to watch western shows on TV--still does--a lot (really, a LOT), which meant that I watched them, too.  I can remember going to the theater with daddy to see "Red Sun", and that's the only time I ever remember daddy going to a theater.  Tonight I paired Yee-Haw with a John Wayne stamp and came up with this:
There are a lot of images in this stamp set, and there's really a great selection of them!  The star that looks white in the photo was actually punched from silver foil paper, and I used scissors to ever-so-slowly (I am the slowest. person. ever. to hand-cut anything) to cut the green stars, cactus, and hat which, by the way, was colored with Stampin' Blendabilities markers.  I am pleased--with my purchase and with this card.

2 comments:

Nancy Dawson said...

My hubby would love this one. He watches the Duke every day!!! Great card combo.

Debbie said...

This is really cute! My mom was a big John Wayne fan and a card like this would have been "a keeper"!