Monday, June 1, 2015

"MAKE-IT-SNAPPY-MONDAY"

Today's MISM project features a neat and trendy gift wrap.  When the time came to wrap THIS mixed media canvas, I searched and searched but couldn't find a box for it.  I even considered making a box, but my poor little brain just didn't have the energy for that.  And so I chose to wrap it in white tissue paper, figuring that I would finish it in some pretty fashion.  Twine (which I seriously lve and use all the time) and a gorgeous lace trim served as the pretty anchor for the tag that hangs from an oversized antique gold safety pin adorned with a crown.  I can't tell you how thrilled I was to discover this perfect embellishment lying in my stash just waiting for the chance to shine.  As I mentioned when I posted photos of the canvas, it was a gift for a college grad who will be moving to NYC so it was only fitting that I used a skyline when I designed the tag.  Stampin' Up!'s Ornate Tag Topper Punch was used to shape the tag, and the quote reads, "Go into the world and do well but, more importantly, go into the world and do good."  I love that quote and think that it's quite fitting, don't you? 

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Very cool! I like the embellishments and how personalized they are!