Friday, July 1, 2016

"SITTING HERE" SYMPATHY

I wanted to send a sympathy card to my dad recently.  His best friend of many years passed away a little over a week ago, and I just hated that for him!  He was so, so sad, and it tugs at the heart strings to see a parent grieve.  Daddy enjoyed short rides with his friend and just the companionship of visiting with him--sitting in his building, shootin' the breeze about the old days, old times, old people . . . all of this over a beer (or a few of them).  I think of how fortunate my mother is to have me, my sister, and my niece to pal around with, but it's different for daddy because he doesn't have any "ready buddies" who are immediate family members.  That was just one of the perks of having a friend named Wayne.
 
Since I've been enjoying Stampin' Up!'s Sitting Here stamp set, I used it to create this sympathy card that I sent to daddy:
 

Luke Bryan's song, "Drink a Beer" reminds me so much of daddy's friendship with Wayne and, if things go as planned, you should be able to view the video below:




1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

what a beautiful card for such a sad time. I know your dad will appreciate your thoughtfulness.