Thursday, March 30, 2017

COLOR COMBO CARD SWAPS

I'm late posting photos of the cards created for this month's class swap.  Being under the weather for the better part of six days put me way behind, but it feels great to be back in my stamp room!  In case you don't know about the class swaps, those who attend my monthly class decide on a swap theme for the next month's class.  The March theme was to feature a color combination using 3 to 4 colors from one of Stampin' Up!'s color collections.  The fun thing about a color combo theme is that it can seem that none of the cards have anything in common, except the theme which is definitely not apparent when looking at these creations:
 
This is Jane's lovely creation featuring Inside the Lines DSP and a fun envelope pocket/flap layer.  The ribbon adds so much to this design.  If you don't believe me, just try to imagine the card without it.
 
Debbie designed and created this colorful and cheery Z-fold card.  I like the clever design using the decorative die-cut to hide the sentiment inside.  This also allows for more sentiment/signature space--which is also colorful and decorative.


Lisa's waterfall of petals and leaves, featuring "Special Reason" stamp set.  I love how the DSP behind the stamped layer is playing color peekaboo and giving a hint of more flowers, tying the overall design all together.


This is Terry's beautiful creation.  I had trouble capturing all of her gorgeous shading for the sky in my photo, but it is so striking in person.  Her lighthouse ground is heat embossed, which adds an extra element of texture to such a pretty scene.

And lastly, this is the card that I created for the swap.  It features colors from the Brights Collection that I sponged onto a piece of Irresistibly Floral DSP.
 
 
 


No comments: