Wednesday, April 19, 2017

FROM MY BOWL OF PARTS

It's been a while since I shared a new creation but, when I looked through the pictures on my camera card, I realized that it was also past time for me to create something.  Of course, there are plenty of completed projects in my stamp room, but I wanted to make something.  I turned to the old wooden bowl (a treasure from mamaw's house) that sits on the corner of my table and holds a mixed assortment of components that I started at one time or another but didn't finish or use. 


It's my "bowl of parts" you might say, and that's where I found the white-embossed and watercolored butterfly that finally found a home on this card:
 
 
I added some washi tape, sequins, and ribbon to the butterfly layer, adhered it to a piece of Mint Macaron cardstock, and stapled the sentiment (from Special Reason stamp set) that I stamped onto a strip of gold foil paper.  A pretty doily was adhered to the bottom front of the Pink Pirouette card, and then the butterfly layers were put in place.  And that, my friends, is how I take something from the bowl of parts, mix in some pieces that are laying on my table, and turn them into something ready to mail.

 

1 comment:

Debbie said...

I really like the concept of random but also the layers and textures of the card. Really pretty;