Tuesday, April 10, 2018

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DADDY!

So today is my daddy's birthday, and I'm excited to share the card (and boxy envelope) that I made for him.  The whole time that I was creating the card, I was either listening to or humming ZZ Top's "Sharp Dressed Man".  Daddy is a really sharp dresser, and he ALWAYS looks soooooo neat.  For as long as I can remember, his friends, co-workers, and relatives have enjoyed joking with him about stepping on his shiny shoes or boots.  If I was to stumble and could either hit the ground or save myself by stepping on his shoes, you can bet that I would take a hard splat to the ground!  I'm telling you . . . I learned from a very early age to never step on his shoes!

Clean shirt, new shoes
And I don't know where I am goin' to
Silk suit, black tie
I don't need a reason why
They come runnin' just as fast as they can
'Cause every girl crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
~ from ZZ Top's "Sharp Dressed Man", written by 
Frank Beard, Billy Gibbons, Dusty Hill

Even though we sometimes jest about how neat daddy is, I am proud that he wants to look sharp!  He doesn't look anywhere near his age, and I'm proud of that, too.  I would love to share a picture of him (and his closet that is oh, so stinkin' organized and tidy)), but he has put his shiny-shoe-clad foot down on that!  I am happy, though, to share his card:



Daddy wouldn't EVER be caught in a suit quite as flashy as this and might never wear a bowtie, but I knew he had to have a sharp-dressed card.  I kind of had an idea of what I wanted to make, but I wasn't sure how to mimic the jacket.  I had seen cards made to look like a vest or a jacket or a dress shirt, but I wanted a card, similar to a gatefold, that included a shirt, vest, jacket, and tie.  After a few tries with scrap paper to get the "bones" worked out, it was time to construct.  In the end, I really loved the fun fold design.  See the inside:


Of course, the bowtie couldn't get squashed, so I created a boxy envelope to be hand-delivered.

Stampin' Up! products featured on this card include:
Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Tranquil Tide
DSP:  True Gentleman
Stamp Set:  Truly Tailored
Punch:  Tailored Tag Punch
Accessories:  Metallic Enamel Shapes

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
to the sharpest-dressed man
with the shiniest shoes and
the cleanest vehicles and
the most organized closet I've ever seen!
I love you, daddy!!!


2 comments:

Nancy Dawson said...

WOW what a great card for 'Dad'. May I CASE?

Stasher said...

That I'd such a cute and personal ozed card! Thanks for sharing!