Tuesday, September 25, 2018

"COFFEE TIME" . . . GIFT FOR A COFFEE LOVER

I've shared cotton/muslin bag projects in the past, but this time I am sharing one that features Chalk Couture's Couture Ink.  I recently needed a small gift for a coffee lover, and a bag filled with K-cups seemed like a great idea.  To make the bag more interesting, I decorated it with Chalk Couture products (shown below the photo):





Two bags are shown in the photo so you can see the images that I transferred on the front and back of each bag.  After the image was transferred with ink, I allowed time for the ink to dry and then heat set it with my EasyPress.  If you don't have an EasyPress, an iron will work just fine.  Could I have used Chalkology Paste instead of Couture Ink?  Absolutely!  For a project this small, the paste would have worked just fine--it wouldn't have been permanent, though.  A fabric project tends to absorb more paste than the amount of ink that it takes to transfer an image, and the paste couldn't have been heat-set.  This might not be a problem, though, since a small bag like the ones pictured will most likely not come in contact with water or get laundered.  If this is confusing or you have any questions about the process, just leave a comment.

If you would like to explore more of the fantastic Chalk Couture products, visit my web site HERE.  You are also invited to "like" and "follow" my Facebook Page HERE.

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

Love that idea and the images!
Great Job as usual.