Saturday, February 26, 2022

WATERCOLORED "FREE AS A BIRD"

 


I recently experimented with watercoloring some images from the "Free as a Bird" stamp set, and it became addicting.  I'm still working on some extra images that I stamped onto watercolor paper because I enjoyed it so much!  As relaxing as watercoloring can be, one of the things to keep in mind is that it should be a [somewhat] slow process.  The first card that I made was for a demonstrator friend:

I love this card--it was one that I was very pleased to put in the mail.  The colors are so pretty, and the card has ample texture and dimension.  Stampin' Up! colors include:  Pool Party, Cajun Craze, Highland Heather, Soft Suede, Mossy Meadow, Smoky Slate, and Crushed Curry.  

The embossing folder that I used on this card is Ornate Floral 3D. 

The inside of the card was pretty, too.

⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡ ⟡

The second card that I made (and mailed to my parents) is shown below:

My ink colors were just a little different.  Instead of Cajun Craze, I chose Calypso Coral, and I swapped Pool Party for Balmy Blue since it showed up better.  Being on the telephone with ADT while I was watercoloring was not a good idea because it caused me to color outside the lines a little.  

Once again, I used the Ornate Floral 3D embossing folder, but I also used the (retired) Falling Petals embossing folder.  I love that the petals look like hearts!  This card also has a burst of sparkle from the three sequins.

I thought the white & silver twine bow was a nice touch, don't you?

Does this card make you want to do some watercoloring?  Just grab your ink pads and water brush!

I wish I had taken a picture of the envelope for this card because it was a beautiful lavender color and also decorated with stamped images that I had watercolored.  

This "Free as a Bird" stamp set has some beautiful images and a very useful selection of sentiments!

FREE AS A BIRD stamp set



1 comment:

Debbie said...

I love those cards! I love the look of watercolors cards, but I seldom do it, because I'm not good at it. I even have a birds Pinterest board for inspiration. Need some play time to practice!