Sunday, September 18, 2022

"OCEANFRONT" + "A FISH & A WISH"


 "Oceanfront" is such a great stamp set, and it's just so easy to use for just about any occasion.  I needed a thank you card recently, and this is what I made.  My cardstock colors are white, Coastal Cabana (or it might have been Soft Succulent), and Crumb Cake.  Ink colors are Coastal Cabana (or maybe Soft Succulent), Old Olive, Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, and Pacific Point.


I thought the fish image would make a nice embellishment for this card and to make it more like an actual embellishment, I punched four shapes from cardstock (with the Fish Builder punch) to adhere to the stamped and punched image.  The fish was really thick and sturdy!

I can't explain my attraction to the "A Fish & A Wish" stamp set.  Fish art has never been my thing, I don't eat fish, don't have any pet fish, have no interest in baiting a hook, and yet this stamp set was one of my first purchases from Stampin' Up!'s current catalog.  The images are just so . . . well . . . lovely.  I don't think they're particularly difficult to work with, but I placed them upside down on the first two cards I ever made with this bundle.  🤣  I do a much better job with them now.


The prettiest finishing detail was the Wink of Stella shimmer that I brushed on the fish.  I never really think that much about it, but the Wink of Stella is probably one of my most used products.

So what do you think?  These two stamp sets work pretty well together, huh?

1 comment:

Laura Lipe said...

Love this card. Great job on it. I have the fish set and need to use it more often.
Smiles, Laura