Sunday, March 24, 2024

BOXED SET OF QUILTY NOTE CARDS


After making the pieced bird cards, I wanted to play around with other designs featuring designer paper and quilt block designs.  I started with 1-7/8" squares and cut them in half diagonally, but then I cut some of them in half again.  You can see how those small cuts were used to create the pinwheel designs on the first and last cards in the photo above.  In quilting, I 💗 pinwheel designs, and the two pinwheel cards are my favorite of the four.


This set of cards features the "Delightful Floral" designer paper collection, and the above photo shows the pretty Adhesive-Backed Shiny Sequins and silver trim.  On all of the cards, I used the retired Basket Weave embossing folder to add texture.  To create the pinwheel, you can (hopefully) see that each of the four squares were made up of one half of the 1-7/8" square plus two smaller halves that were created by cutting one of the diagonal cuts in half.  There must be a better way to explain that without seeming to use the same words repeatedly, but good sense escapes me at the moment.


The above photo shows the 1-7/8" squares cut in half diagonally so only two pieces were used for each square.  The sequins aren't easy to see, but they are there.


The cardstock colors that I used on these cards are Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Bubble Bath and Lost Lagoon.  I like that the cards are similar but not identical.


What does every cute little set of cards need?  That's right . . . a cute little box.  


I kept this one very simple, and it turned out to be a perfect fit for the four cards.  The 5.5" x 10.5" Pool Party cardstock was scored at .5, 5, 5.5, and 10 inches; rotated and scored at .5" on all four sides.  Each of the intersecting scored lines were cut to create flaps, and then a 1" Circle punch was used to create the semi-circle cut-out on the lid before the box was assembled.


Decorating the top of the box was a little too minimal, so I added some sequins after taking the photo.  I'm thinking a die-cut flower would look nice and add a little dimension, so I may end up adding one.  


So what do you think?  Are you ready to make your own set of quilty note cards? 




3 comments:

Nancy Dawson said...

amazing... you are trying to enable me back to stampin! I am in the process of learning how to quilt. I do lots of embroidery but not so good on a quilt... will keep you posted. Missed my NC cyber friend!

Jeria said...

These are lovely cards. I plan to case them and appreciate you sharing the details. Obviously you love quilting.

Debbie said...

I don't know how I missed these! I LOVE stationery sets and these are just darling!