Thursday, March 25, 2021

"TASTEFUL TOUCHES" & FRIENDS


So maybe stamp sets don't really have friends (besides the stampers who use them), but that's what I'm calling the other products that I used along with Tasteful Touches to make this card.  Those "friends" are as follows:

In Good Taste designer paper
Gold Brushed Metallic paper
Dragonfly Garden stamp set
Stampin' Blends markers (Rich Razzleberry, Bermuda Bay, Real Red, Daffodil Delight)
Sprig punch
Pool Party cardstock
Vellum cardstock
White cardstock
Wink of Stella


Although I like (and own) a lot of floral stamp sets, there are some that are simply a dream to color.  I don't always have time to dedicate to coloring, but when I do . . . I don't want to stop.  The floral image in Tasteful Touches is a fantastic flower for coloring and also for cutting out by hand.  This stamp set is one that every stamper should own!  It has beautiful sentiments, great background and "filler" images and, of course, what I consider a perfect flower because it's not too small, not too big, and just . . . well . . . perfect.  When it comes to coloring, I usually go for a water brush or Blender Pen and ink, but this time I used Stampin' Blends and wondered why I don't use them more often.  They're dreamy!

I already had some dragonflies stamped, punched, and colored (for the Easter cards I plan to make) so I gave one of them a place on this card but, as you can see, the one stamp set (Tasteful Touches) and a piece of In Good Taste designer paper would have been enough to give this card texture, bright color, and dimension. 

Stay tuned because I'll have another card in a couple of days that features these same pretty flowers.


No comments: