Thursday, March 4, 2021

FREEHAND RAINBOW HELLO


This post will be as short and sweet as the card I'm sharing today.  It was a fast one to make, and I thoroughly enjoyed the process--which was 100% freehand with a Tombow calligraphy pen, Stampin' Up!'s Watercolor Pencils, and a Blender Pen.


I began by using a pencil to write H-E-L-L-O and then traced the letters with my Tombow permanent ink pen.  Although the pencil lines were no longer visible, I used an eraser over the letters to make sure they were gone since I wasn't sure how they'd react with the Blender Pen.  And then the fun coloring began.  In each letter, I mixed two colors, and the neighboring letter included a "rainbow progressive" color from the previous letter.  Once the coloring was complete, I used the Tombow pen to write "Oh" and "there".  As you can imagine, the card looked quite plain.  The addition of the tiny triangles and dots added just enough pizzazz, and I kept them to the right of the card since I wanted to use twine on the left edge.

This may have been my first try at freehand text on a card, but it won't be my last.  As a matter of fact, I look forward to creating a set of cards similar to this one.

What are your thoughts? 

2 comments:

Nancy Dawson said...

Amazing - as you are! Beautiful.

Stasher said...

Great card!