Sunday, March 28, 2021

COLORING DSP WITH STAMPIN' BLENDS

 


Some of my Stampin' Blends markers were scattered about on my desk, so I decided to put them to use.  I didn't stamp images to color this time . . . instead, I cut up a pretty piece of True Love designer paper which provided a LOT of floral bouquets that I can use on cards.

The colors that I worked with are:  Highland Heather, Night of Navy, Granny Apple Green, Pink Pirouette, Calypso Coral, and Daffodil Delight.  While I still have plenty yet to color, look at what I have ready to use:


Aren't they gorgeous?  Take a look at the first completed card featuring my colored bouquets:


Stampin' Up! products featured on my card include:

Stamp Set:  Very Versailles
DSP:  True Love
Cardstock:  Highland Heather, Whisper White
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Sahara Sand, Highland Heather
Stampin' Blends:  Highland Heather, Daffodil Delight, Granny Apple Green
Punch:  Story Label
Embossing Folder:  Painted Texture 3D
Accessories:  Stampin' Dimensionals, Baker's Twine, Wink of Stella

The printed design on the True Love designer paper is so easy to color and cut out with scissors, and the Stampin' Blends make the colored designs look printed with the easy shading that can be accomplished with the markers.  I know some people don't enjoy coloring, but I find it very enjoyable and relaxing.  All of the coloring shown in this post was completed in one evening.


The glimmer from Wink of Stella doesn't always show up well in photos but, in the above photo, you can see that it added a lot to the flowers.  Besides adding glimmer, I think the Wink of Stella sharpens colored images.

Now tell the truth . . . are you ready to grab a handful of Stampin' Blends and start coloring?