Wednesday, April 28, 2021

"TAILOR MADE TAGS" + MINI POUND CAKE PACKAGING


One of Stampin' Up!'s newest products is a selection of tag-shaped dies, which I already love.  I almost talked myself out of buying the Tailor Made Tags dies, thinking that it really isn't hard to make my own tags.  BUT . . . just look at this cute tag with its stitch lines and the shaped (Calypso Coral) reinforcer for the hole.  Are you thinking "be still, my heart"?  I don't know if the new catalog really has more projects featuring tags than previous catalogs or if I am just looking for them, but I'm excited.  Some years ago, I enjoyed tags on cards and other stamped projects, and I know my new dies will get a workout.


Late last week, I made a pound cake for my husband--using my mother's delicious recipe, which I know he loves--and I made two mini cakes with the intention of giving one to my parents and one to my sister.  With a room full of craft supplies, it would have been rude to not present the mini cakes with fun packaging, right?


I didn't have the perfect size box, but the Tag a Bag Gift Boxes (retired) worked nicely with some pretty fabric tucked around the cake and filling the ends of the boxes.  I used a heart-shaped doily to adorn the plain brown craft paper band and, of course, I had to scatter some sequins on the doily.  The sentiment that I stamped on the tag is from the (retired) Yippee-Skippee stamp set.  I'll bet some of you kept that stamp set (like me) because it has some really cute sentiments!


We (the family) always think yellow when we think of my sister, so I tucked some of The Pioneer Woman's Charming Yellow Check fabric in her box and used a Daffodil Delight die-cut hole reinforcer on her tag.

Didn't these packages turn out cute?  The pound cake turned out pretty good, too.  :-)


1 comment:

Stasher said...

I love the you-nique packaging!