Tuesday, May 4, 2021

"BEAUTIFUL WORLD" BIRTHDAY CARD FOR MY NEPHEW


The Beautiful World stamp set and dies were a little late coming to live in my stamp room.  I just purchased them a couple of weeks ago, but they were on and off of my wish list from the first time I laid eyes on them.  I wanted to make a birthday card for my nephew, whose birthday is today, and you know how we are with new products . . . we can't wait to use them.

I really enjoyed making this card with all of its layers and texture!  My nephew is only 26 y/o, but I hope he sees this card as more masculine than . . . well . . . old world.  Products used to create this card include:

Cardstock:  Very Vanilla, Balmy Blue, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso
Designer/Specialty Paper:  In Good Taste, Copper Foil
Stamps:  Beautiful World, World Map (retired)
Ink:  Early Espresso
Dies:  World Map
Accessories:  Sequins (non-Stampin' Up!), Stamping Sponges, Hemp Twine (non-Stampin' Up!)

After stamping the World Map image onto Crumb Cake cardstock, I crumpled the cardstock, and then very lightly sponged Early Espresso ink on the raised portions.  I also sponged ink on the torn edge of the designer paper, which gave it a burned look that I really liked.  Reminded me of the TV show "Bonanza".  Ha!  All in all, I thoroughly enjoyed working with the stamp set and dies and loved this card!  My nephew called to thank me for it and said that it arrived today, which made me even happier!


2 comments:

Nancy Dawson said...

Simply stunning and very, very clever! He will love it.

Stasher said...

Beautiful card!