Tuesday, May 11, 2021

MORE WAX SEALS + STAMPING & CHALK COUTURE ON GIFTS

 


One of my latest passions is making wax seals, but I don't always want to pay the extra postage just to decorate the back of an envelope with a seal.  I decided a while back that I needed to maybe incorporate them on cards and, when I started wrapping Mother's Day gifts last week, I saw yet another opportunity for them.  And that's the subject of this post . . . sharing some gift packaging that features wax seals, stamping, and Chalk Couture.


The above package was for my mother, and the pretty stamped images are from Stampin' Up!'s Very Versailles stamp set.  I knew that (finally) purchasing that set was NOT something I would regret--I 💓 it!!!  I used the retired Washi Label punch to cut the stamped sentiment (which is such a pretty design), and then secured the twine bow with a green/gold wax seal.  To make the bee show up better, I went over the raised image with a gold Sharpie marker.


The above photo shows the warmer (which I LOVE) that I use to melt wax and the stamp placed on the melted wax.  


In the photo above, you see the stamped image as it appeared after the brass stamp was removed.


And in the above photo, you can see how the bee image becomes easier to see after being touched up with the gold Sharpie marker.


One of my nephew's birthday gifts also featured a wax seal.  😊  In the above photo, you see the mix of wax beads in the spoon, ready for melting, and the brass stamp.


I used a Chalk Couture transfer and shimmery chalk paste to decorate this gift for my mother.  If you're thinking that the bottom flowers are incomplete, you are correct.  The transfer that I used includes images for completing those flowers, but I didn't think it was absolutely necessary.  


Don't you love the shimmer?  It is soooooooooo pretty in person!


I used a Chalk Couture transfer with a cute rabbit image to decorate this gift for my sister, and I again used the shimmery chalk paste.


So you see . . . there are fun ways to decorate plain brown gift wrap!



1 comment:

Stasher said...

I love the versatility of using supplies on packaging. Makes a unique "additional" gift!