Friday, May 28, 2021

"GIVE IT A WHIRL" BIRTHDAY CARD

 

My great-nephew celebrated his 12th birthday this week, and I'm sharing today the card that I made for him.  It features Stampin' Up!'s brand new Give It a Whirl dies and Way to Goat stamp set.  There wasn't a reason or any significance for making a card with goats . . . I just think they're cute.  This was my first time using the new dies, and I already look forward to using them again!  Years ago, in the card-making world, many stampers (including me) found this type of card (known as a Viewfinder back then) exciting--maybe more so if you were the recipient and not the creator.  Viewfinder cards weren't necessarily difficult; however, precision was paramount. But now the process is so much quicker and easier with the Give It a Whirl dies!  Just look at all the dies you get!


Not only do you get options for window shapes, there are shapes that can be used to decorate cards and also labels and tags.  I don't know about you, but those cute clouds really got my attention!  Honestly, this is a versatile set of dies that (in my humble opinion) should stay close to the die-cut machine because of how often they'll be used.  But . . . you're probably wanting to see the other two goats on my card:


All three goats were colored with Stampin' Blends.


I thought this one looked just a wee bit regretful about eating all of the cake--like he intended to leave a few bites but couldn't help himself (from helping himself).

Are you ready to make some cards like this?  The people on your mailing list are waiting to receive one!  Order your dies (and any other Stampin' Up! products) HERE.


1 comment:

Debbie said...

this is really a cute card! I remember making the viewfinder card the old fashioned way and still have the sample! With an automotive theme;