Saturday, May 8, 2021

MOTHER'S DAY TENT CARDS

 


I feel so blessed to have a really sweet, supportive, giving, and helpful mother who always goes above and beyond to make me feel loved.  It's kind of funny to admit that I am still learning from my mother, but it's a fact.  40 years ago, I would have bet money (if I had any) that I would have most of "the answers" by this time in my life.  I'm beginning to realize that I will never stop learning from--or needing--my mother.  I visit my parents every weekend, as does my sister, and those visits are special treasures.  I don't know if I should be ashamed to admit this, but I steal my mother's meal plan.  I don't know how she decides what to serve each weekend, but I always soooooooo look forward to dinner.  Most of the time, I (shamelessly) make a mental note to have that same meal at my house during the next week and am thankful that it's one less meal that I have to think about.  Of course, the meal on her table is a little more delicious than that same meal on my table, but that's the price I pay for stealing.  Speaking of stealing, I didn't come up with the design for my Mother's Day cards.  Yes, "cards" . . . as in more than one.  There are several ladies (some of them I have known my entire life) to whom I enjoy sending cards, so that meant that I had a lot of Mother's Day cards to make--and they needed to be special.  When I saw tent cards on Pinterest, I knew that's what I'd make.  So let me show some of them to you:






That gorgeous designer paper is from Stampin' Up!'s Dandy Garden collection, which coordinates with the Garden Wishes stamp set and Dandy Wishes dies.  I used the Curvy dies to create that fun curvy top on each card.  As you can tell from the first (preview) photo, there's a piece of Window Sheet that attaches to the top and bottom of the card.  


Of course, the envelopes had to be special, too:




From the feedback that I've received, the tent cards were a HIT and that is music to my ears.  


No comments: