Tuesday, May 18, 2021

CHIP BAGS

For the past couple of years, Mother's Day gifts (that I give to my mother and sister) seem to include something that I love and/or enjoy using.  This year, it was True Lemon packets.  These things get used a LOT in my house.  There's even a lime flavor that tastes DELICIOUS--especially in my chicken salad!  

Little packets of lemon-y crystals wouldn't be too exciting, though, so they needed a cute package.  Cue the little chip bag.


These bags are ridiculously simple to design on the computer.  I took information from the box, and below is a screenshot of my design:
The design was printed onto white cardstock.  Previously, I have used one full sheet of cardstock to make a chip bag but, since the lemon packets were so small, I was able to print two "bags" on one sheet.  Once the printed 5-1/2" x 8-1/2" cardstock was laid out, I placed adhesive on one short side and folded the other short side so that it rested on the adhesive.  I then used liquid adhesive to close one of the ends, fill the bag with the lemon packets, and then liquid adhesive was used to seal the top.  A crimper tool was used on the top and bottom to make the bag look authentic.  😉  


 

1 comment:

Nancy Dawson said...

Love it! You are so clever and I enjoy all your posts. My DIL has mentioned getting gifts that they can use and this is one I am going to try. Thanks for sharing