Friday, June 4, 2021

GATEFOLD GRADUATION CARD

 

My great-niece graduates high school today!!!  It's so hard to believe that the wee little girl who used to enjoy creating with stamps and ink (and had her own supplies in my stamp room) is old enough to be moving on to the next big phase in life.  I'm so proud of her!  Not only is she beautiful, she is very smart.  I swear, the girl can do anything that she sets out to accomplish--and she'll do it very well!  And isn’t she gorgeous?!?!


The card that I made for Malena was a gatefold with an added "diamond" that I decorated with a handmade tassel and brad.  As you can see from the first photo, the card folded flat for mailing.  Following is a photo of the card in the opening phase and, yes, I used colors that most closely matched her school colors (Evening Evergreen and Daffodil Delight).  The sentiment that I chose is from the Beautiful Friendship stamp set.  Gold Glimmer paper was used to die-cut "2021" using Stampin' Up!'s retired Large Numbers dies.


On the interior gate panels, I created small pockets using the leftover Daffodil Delight cardstock triangles and, of course, they were perfect for holding a little cash.  


Although it took a while to decide what kind of card to make, I had so much fun with this one once it got underway!  Malena appreciated it so much that she called the day it arrived.  It just so happened that she was busy making thank you cards at the time.  [heart melts a little]



1 comment:

Debbie said...

Really cute card! I can't believe Malena's graduating!