Monday, June 14, 2021

CHEERY "PIERCED BLOOMS" BIRTHDAY CARD


Tomorrow is my mother's birthday, and I used Stampin' Up!'s G-O-R-G-E-O-U-S Pierced Blooms dies to create this bright and cheery card for her.  Don't just look once . . . look again at the beauty of the die-cut flowers and leaves!  We've all seen die-cut flowers before, but there's just something about the piercing that elevates these dies into a league of their own.  Stunning!


As you can see, I pretty much left all of the WOW up to the flowers and leaves.  Having them arranged on the wood-like designer paper was a striking enhancement, as was the heart-shaped doily and hemp twine bow with its tails swirling in various directions.  It's unfortunate that it's difficult to see the beautiful small envelope that I created from a cut of Expressions in Ink designer paper.  My intention was to arrange the flowers as if they were bursting from the envelope--and they are--but they spilled over to cover it.  


Can you imagine opening such a colorful card to find a plain, boring inside?  Me, either.


I may have been a wee bit late in deciding to purchase yet another set of flower dies, but I am so in love with these and have zero regrets.  One thing that makes certain dies a smart investment is the way they can go to work and literally carry the design "burden".  If you don't own these gorgeous dies, I encourage you to take a look and consider purchasing them.  Just look at all of the dies you get:





1 comment:

Debbie said...

Beautiful card, I'm sure your mom will love it!