Thursday, June 10, 2021

"GARDEN BIRDHOUSES"

 


Do you need a sweet little card?  

If so, then Stampin' Up!'s Garden Birdhouses stamp set is a great choice!  

My first time using this adorable stamp set was when I set out to make this card.  Of course, I had no design idea, so I started by stamping some of the images onto white cardstock.  My card base is 4.25" square, and the Pale Papaya layer was intentionally cut taller so it would extend above the top of the card base.  I think little design choices like that add an extra level of interest to a card, don't you?


A Blender Pen was used to color the images, and that is probably the quickest/easiest way to color.  I even found a brand new pack of Blender Pens that I didn't know I had because they'd fallen (or maybe got shoved) to the back of the drawer.  The color combo wasn't planned, but I really love it!  The colors are Pale Papaya, Soft Succulent, and Balmy Blue.  Notice that gorgeous tag?  I used the Tailor Made Tags dies to cut it, and I think I'm obsessed with these tag dies!  The flowers on the bottom of the tag were colored with Pilot Color Eno pencils that my son gave me for Mother's Day (they show up beautifully on colored cardstock), and I used a Gelly Roll 10 white gel pen in the center of each tiny flower.  The sweet lady who received this card had sent me a fantastic Amazon package that included a pack of the #10 white gel pens, an adorable (and oh so useful) ladybug vacuum, and a pack of Frixion pens that I especially love to use with sewing projects.  Pause and imagine how exciting it is to receive an Amazon package full of goodies that you weren't expecting.  Uh huh.  That makes you want to sit down and make a special thank you card, doesn't it?

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Cute card and what a wonderful gift you received!

Nancy Dawson said...

Oh Regina I wish I had half the talent you have. Your work is always so stunning in any project you do. LOVE it ALL. Thanks for sharing.