Tuesday, June 29, 2021

"MEASURE OF LOVE"

 

Today's post features one of Stampin' Up!'s new stamp sets, and it's such a fun one!  It was love at first sight for me, although I still gave a lot of thought before buying it.  Normally, I would jump right in with the purchase, but I wanted to make sure that I "thought" I could get a lot of use from it.  There is no buyer's remorse here!  Best of all, I've already had sweet comments from those who received the cards I'm sharing today.  It all started with this one:


I needed a thank you card for a customer/friend, and I really wanted to play with Measure of LoveThat's when I decided that someone who has placed a Stampin' Up! order probably wouldn't care that their thank you card was more of an inspiring sample.  What's not to love about that?  The card base is 4" square and, of course, the layers are tilted a bit and extend past the top of the card.  That's okay because the card still fit perfectly in an A2 envelope.  Stampin' Blends were used to color the scale, and have I mentioned lately how much I enjoy coloring with the Blends???  They are fantastic!  So once this card was complete, I decided to play around with other color combos.


The scale on the above card was colored with Soft Succulent.  A piece of paper from In Good Taste was used to mimic a table to ground the scale.


The card above features Soft Sea Foam and Highland Heather cardstock, and the scale was colored with Highland Heather.  You might have noticed that a rhinestone jewel was placed at the base of each stamped pointer doohickey, but first I colored the rhinestones with the coordinating Blends marker.  My last scale color was Granny Apple Green, and it turned out pretty, too!  


I don't normally like fussy-cutting, but I really enjoyed the stamping and cutting required for these cards--it wasn't at all difficult!  Fortunately, I didn't have to cut the pointer doohickeys for the scale faces, and it was quite nice that I could stamp them to coordinate with the color of the scale.  

Is this a simple card?  You bet!  But . . . each of these cards were VERY well-received, and THAT makes a stamp set a winner for me!  My great-aunt (Betty) was so happy with her card, and she said that she knew she must really be special.  She is really special, but it melted my heart a little to hear in her voice just how much she appreciated her card.  

And now I look forward to trying other color combos with Measure of Love.


No comments: