Sunday, April 10, 2022

APARROTLY, IT'S DADDY'S BIRTHDAY

 

When I pictured this card in my mind, it looked bright and cheery . . . and not at all juvenile.  As a matter of fact, I had all of the parrots colored and die-cut a week or so in advance, just waiting to use circle dies to cut the assorted sizes and colors to create the rainbow for this card.  When I was nearly finished with assembly, that's when I realized that the card looked more fitting for a birthday boy and not so much for my 84-year-old father.  But can you guess what I did?  I mailed it anyway because who among us would frown upon opening a bright and cheery birthday card???  I didn't take a picture of this card folded flat, but that's the beauty of this platform pop-up card . . . it folds nearly flat for mailing and then pops up to the shape of a fun and dimensional structure, which is quite sturdy.  Following are more photos:


After cutting the colorful circles (frames, actually) for the rainbow, I cut them in half to avoid bulk when the two platform pieces were adhered together.  An extra circle, the same size as the largest (red) rainbow frame, was cut from a piece of Window Sheet.  After adhering the red, orange, yellow, blue, and purple half-circle pieces to the top half of the Window Sheet, the lower half was adhered between the two platform bases.  This made the rainbow very sturdy!  


You can see from the top view of the card (above photo) that the rainbow was visible from both sides, so I adhered clouds on both sides as well.


Since the back of the card was looking pretty good, I figured it needed a couple of party parrots.


And, of course, the envelope needed to be decorated with a parade of colorful party parrots.  

Daddy enjoyed his card, and he even knew exactly how to make it pop up for display!  I guess he's learned a thing of two from the many different kinds of cards I've mailed through the years.  Ha!


2 comments:

Debbie said...

What a cute and cheerful card!

Nancy Dawson said...

Genius and very clever as usual...