Thursday, September 16, 2010

A GESTURE OF KINDNESS MAKES MY DAY

When I returned from visiting my grandmother yesterday, I checked the mail to find a little envelope addressed to me.  The envelope was on top of the stack of bills and junk mail, as if the mail carrier had sorted everything in order of importance.  A demonstrator friend, Martinette Horner, had sent me this card with the sweetest note inside and TOTALLY made my day!  She said the inspiration for this card was taken from page 73 of Stampin' Up!'s Idea Book & Catalog, and what a great card!  One of my favorite new colors is Cherry Cobbler (don't you just love the textured card stock).  On this particular card, I think my favorite design elements are the way the ribbon holds the sentiment tag and the natural hemp twine holds the watercolored image.  Other Stampin' Up! products used include pattern paper, watercolor paper, "Loads of Love" stamp set, Pear Pizzazz card stock and ribbon, circle punch, and designer button.  Martinette, thank you so much for sharing this great card (and the sweet gesture of friendship) with me!  I. too, have re-created some of the catalog samples because the catalog is full of great ones, and they always look even better in real life.  BTW, my dad is a real "pick-up" kind of guy, so this card was even more perfect for having a truck on it!
ETA:  The more I looked at Martinette's card, the more I thought my daddy would probably like to receive a card with a truck on it, so I got busy!  Thanks for inspiring me, Martinette!

No comments: