Monday, September 12, 2011

MUSLIN BAGS & MDS

There are many things to love about Stampin' Up!'s My Digital Studio (MDS) software, and one of them is the ease of creating a digital design and printing it onto a fabric sheet that can be trimmed to fit your project and ironed on.  Seriously, it's that easy, and that's exactly the first decorative touch that I added to these two muslin bags!  For the Halloween bag, I used the (digital) "Piece of Poison" stamp brush set, glimmer brad, designer buttons, rhinestone jewels, satin ribbon, linen thread, and "Pick Your Poison" digital embellishment kit.  MDS really simplifies a project like this because it can have the look of dimension without the bulk and need for special handling.  To create the design for my second muslin bag, I began with a rectangle of "Springtime Vintage" (digital) designer paper.  The digital rectangle was "dressed up" with images from the "Established Elegance" stamp brush set.  I have the clear-mount stamp set, and you may think that it seems redundant to have the stamp set and the digital stamp brush set but, with MDS, I was able to size the images to exactly fit my project.  What's not to LOVE about that?  Once I printed the design onto fabric, I sponged the edges with Early Espresso ink before ironing it onto the muslin bag.  I then added some pearl jewels and a rough-pleated skirt from "Springtime Vintage" fabric and tied the digitally-designed tag onto the bag.  I {heart} MDS, and I {heart} muslin bags!!!  They are too easy to dress up and can be used for a variety of gift items.

2 comments:

Linda said...

Regina, as I said before...your muslin creations are just A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! I'll be linking over to you today as I couldn't let any one miss out! Linda

Central Coast Think Pink, Julie Camell said...

I'm just learning MDS and I love your projects! What do you print on (product?) to then iron it on to the bags??
Thanks, Julie
julcamell@yahoo.com