Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"DARK & DREARY" . . . IN A GOOD WAY

The inspiration for this card came from Ariel Matera's card pictured on the NC demo group, but I added a couple of things and "changed it up" a little.  Stampin' Up!'s "Dark & Dreary" stamp sets is one of my favorite Halloween sets, mostly because I love the candelabra and the variety of spooky images.  To age and give depth to the embossed frame, I sponged it with Basic Black ink and then used Frost White shimmer paint to add some highlights.  I used gold Smooch ink on each of the candle flames and finished off the candelabra with a rhinestone jewel.  Other Stampin' Up! products used to create this card include Basic Gray, Cajun Craze, Basic Black, and Lucky Limeade card stock, "Tiny Tags" stamp set, Spider Web embossing folder, Designer Frames embossing folder, Jewelry Tag, Wide Oval, and Decorative Label punches, black satin ribbon, and Baker's Twine.  On the Cajun Craze embossed layer, I lightly sponged black ink and then spritzed the card stock with a shimmer mist created with a mix of Champagne Mist shimmer paint and water.

1 comment:

Ariel said...

Regina, what a beautiful card! I think I like yours even better :)
I love all the little details you incorporated on the candleabra. Beautiful, as always.