Friday, October 21, 2011

MY "FREESTYLE FRIDAYS" WREATH PROJECT


ETA:  (10/20/11) I know that today isn't Friday, but I scheduled this post to show up on Friday (10/21) a.m.  I'm not sure why it's already here, but . . . we'll just call it "Freestyle ThurFriday"  Thanks, Blogspot!

Last week, with her gorgeous Fall wreath, Julie challenged me to create a wreath project.  I had all kinds of ideas bouncing around in my head and was looking forward to the mission, but it wasn't long before the wreath that I was so excited about (in my head) just wasn't turning out too spectacular.  It was one of "those" projects that no matter what you add next, something is still missing, lacking, off, unacceptable, etc.  Finally, I decided to pull another idea and run with it . . . a paper cone wreath.  Even though this one doesn't have an open center, it is a mini wreath, nonetheless.  The paper cones were a tiny challenge to begin with because I've never been very good at forming a cone from a square or rectangle, but then it occurred to me to use a circle.  Perfect--and easy!  Everything about this project is from Stampin' Up! . . . the designer papers are from First Edition, Spice Cake, and a retired paper collection, and they are all 2-3/8" scallop circles; the More Mustard ribbon is a retired product; and the "Give Thanks" banner was created with My Digital Studio using the "Hand-Penned Holidays" stamp brush set.  All of the cones were adhered with hot glue to a 3.5" circle (Sizzix die).

No comments: