Saturday, December 19, 2015

A WOOLY GIFT FOR MY PARENTS

One of my new passions this year has been the discovery of wool appliqué, and this is a fun piece that I completed as a Christmas gift for my parents.  The design (from Bonnie Sullivan's "Seven Snowmen") is so adorable!  While this pattern with so many little pieces was quite a challenge (for me), I did little else for the better part of two days besides prep the pattern cuts, choose the wool for each piece, and stitch, stitch, stitch.  It's true that my stitches may not be perfect, but I am very pleased with this piece because . . . well . . . it's cute as can be.  See that big snowflake that Mr. Snowman is holding?  It was a clever cover-up because I could never get his "hands" just right and after I stitched the snowflake into place with Stampin' Up!'s Silver Metallic Thread, I kind of made a mess in the center, which I covered with a pretty bow from silver cording trim.  ;-)  This is one of the awesome things about wool appliqué . . . it's forgiving of minor imperfections.  I'm still not sure if it's "wrong" for a snowman to be holding a snowflake--would it be right for a man to be holding skin?--but it is what it is.  Ha!

No comments: